This Week's Theme: Thankfulness
What this means? - Life typically comes at us fast, so our attention is often drawn to the “next thing”. However, when our focus is on the “next thing” we neglect the blessings of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and everyday life can become burdensome. Therefore, we must take time to thank Christ for all He has done, whether it is the gift of salvation, an answer to prayer, or not getting stuck in traffic. When we thank Christ, our relationship with Him will grow and the burden of everyday will become much less.
What to do? - This week, spend at least 5 minutes of your prayer time, thanking Christ for all He has done: the gift of salvation, an answer to a prayer request, and any kind of blessing big or small.
- Tillman (Tim) Smith - in the hospital with infection, please pray.
- Bill McNamee - Please continue to pray, Bill is home and progressing with therapy.
- Beth Burris
- Gretchen Dexter's Father - continues to struggle physically and has endured another surgery. Please continue to pray for healing.
- School Teachers as they begin the school year
- Debbie Gallagher - pray for a family member who has chosen to walk away from the Lord. Please pray Acts 26:18
Ron Bible - battling cancer and several infections.
Deb Vaughn - Pray for my friend's family as they grieve his passing.
- Otto and Brenda Hildebrandt - please pray for my mom and sister with coronavirus.
- Glenda Hopkins - pray for family needs.
- Connie and Chuck Cunningham - pray for our grandson, Reese. He needs to grow!
Anonymous - pray for me and my son, we have coronavirus.
Anonymous - Friends to get back to church soon.
Art and Karen Johnson - pray for Karen's cousin (Sheryl Davis) with a brain aneurysm and Art's sister who had a heart attack.
- Please pray for our college students, classes, and protection from the virus!
- Tom Sauer - pray for healing from a brain bleed.
- Stephanie Lord - Please pray for my family member who needs to find God and be saved.
Dick Schulz - pray that the side effects are minimal with his chemo treatments.
Arthur Hendrickson - pray that the Lord watches over our families, Church of the Nazarene brothers and sisters as we go through the pandemic.
- Jane Hempel's back surgery went well.
- Rob and Denise Best - Denise finished radiation treatments last Tuesday. All went well.
SEVEN PRAYER POINTS
1. GIVE PRAISE AND ADORATION TO GOD
1 Chronicles 29:10-13 (NLT2)
Then David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly: “O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, may you be praised forever and ever!
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.
Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.
“O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!
2. SEEK THE LORD FOR PERSONAL HOLINESS
Hebrews 12:14 (NLT2)
Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
3. PRAY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW CHRIST AS SAVIOR
Acts 26:18 (NLT2)
The Lord said,… to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in Me.
4. PRAY FOR THOSE WHO NEED HEALING, ARE FACING TRIALS OR DIFFICULTIES
James 5:14-16 (NLT2)
Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.
Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
5. PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH. FOR GOD’S PURPOSE & DIRECTION IN UNITY, MISSION AND MINISTRY.
1 Thessalonians 1:2-4 (NLT2)
We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly.
As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people.
6. PRAY FOR THE WORLDWIDE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. FOR GOD’S POWER AND PRESENCE TO PREVAIL FOR UNITY AND PEACE AMONG THE BELIEVERS.
Ephesians 6:18 (NLT2)
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
7. PRAY FOR OUR COMMUNITIES, CITY, AND NATION, FOR GOD’S HELP AND DIRECTION. FOR GOVERNMENT LEADERS, UPCOMING ELECTION.
II Chronicles 7:14-15 (NLT2)
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place.